15.00 – Hourly
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, works in the metalworking/finishing and metal-casting departments. To perform blasting, belting, deburring, and straightening duties as instructed by their Work Leader and/or Supervisor while maintaining safety and housekeeping standards.
Barron Industries in Oxford, MI is a fast-growing manufacturer of investment castings, precision machined components and complete assemblies. We are expanding our manufacturing facilities and adding a 2nd and 3rd shift to meet the demand from our customers in the aerospace, defense, oil and gas and other commercial industries.
Barron offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including free health insurance, vacation, 10 paid holidays, Company-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
- Operate metal finishing machinery including blasters, belt sanders, die, grinders, carbide burrs, presses, deburring and straightening machines in compliance with ISO 14001 and AS9100 Quality Systems and procedures.
- Assist in casting department as necessary
- Straightens metal workpieces to blueprint specifications, using hand tools and knowledge of metal properties: Rolls workpieces on flat surface or mounts, rotates it between centers to ascertain irregularities visually or with indicators.
- Positions workpiece on surface plate or anvil and hammers workpiece at points of irregularities to straighten piece.
- Hammers mandrel through cylindrical objects, such as pipes or tubing to remove dents or kinks.
- Measures straightened workpiece for conformance with specifications, using straightedge, micrometers, and/or calipers.
- May use straightening press.
- May use furnace or heating torch to straighten piece.
- Ability to understand and implement ISO 14001 and AS9100 systems and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED or demonstrated equivalent experience preferred
- Collaborative work environment needed to maintain safety and quality standards
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate with team members
- Ability to read blueprints a must
- Basic computer knowledge ( i.e. data entry)
To apply for this job please visit barronindustries.momentumrecruiter.com.